2008/06/29

My poor computer

Well, my computers lifeline looks pretty thin right now. About 98% of the time, it doesnt even get to the bios loading screen (The logo of the laptop maker at startup). This is very bad... And IF it does start, it usually dies in the middle of doing something.

SO now Im in a pickle. I kinda need a computer, however Asako has a computer too... though its older and has Windows on it and cant really do the things that I need to do on a computer (like programming, and using linux). SO Im looking, just looking for now, at second hand UMPCs. Ultra Mobile PCs. VERY small, usually with a touch screen and such computers. They look wonderfully useful.

BUT they cost money, as does everything. So I need to decide what to do exactly...

5 comments:

Chris Ryan said...

Well, you know my advice. Get a Mac. You can run Mac OS X (best of the bunch) along with Linux and Windoze (if you really need to, but the vast majority don't). Parallels or VMware. You'll never look back.

Chris Ryan said...

Forgot to mention, Margarita has a MacBook Air. Great ultra-mobile.

Unknown said...

Well, I do think Macs are wonderful creations, but they cost too much. And the software on it isn't free. SO if I did get a Mac, it would only have OSX on it for a day at the most before Linux would take its place :)

(Windows would never touch my new computer, I've been Windows free for 2 years now and I'm staying that way).

ooo, a mac air, nice. However, its small and thin.... but not a UMPC. :)

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the demise of your baby. But I have to say. I love watching passionate Mac / Linux / Windows discussions!

Good luck with your search Jason.

Anonymous said...

alrighty j... here's your brother's profesional opinion. here we go... watch this movie. haha. it'll explain what i think you should do.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sXvvU4kp0TU