2007/11/16

Answering Questions

Ok ok.
Several of you have asked questions, here are answers.

Most common question. Where is my bed?
?
You didn't see it? Thats it in the corner!



See it? The pink things folded up there by the window...
It's a real futon mattress. The blankets are in the closet.
Every night, I set up my bed. Every morning, I unset it. :)


Next question!
What have I been eating?
Food!

ok, next question...

:) huh? Oh, more detail than that, I see...
Well first off, I have not used a fork and knife since I left Canada! Yay! Second, I've gotten used to slurping noodles. Third, the tea here is great!

As for what kind of food... Let's see.... It would be impressive if I could remember all if any of the names of them... but generally...
1: Rice EVERY day, with EVERY dinner.
2: Udon noodles. Oh how I love them :D Various flavours.
3: Osoba (soba). Had this once...
4: Sushi. Only had this twice. But dang its good here.
5: Lots of various ways to eat Pork. They do with pork what Canadians do with beef.
6: A decent amount of eggs. And neat things they do here with eggs.... Like putting sugar in them and stuff....
7: Lots of red beans! They are sweet, and like a snack or desert.
8: Lots of mandrine oranges.
9: Lots of vegies.
10: Lots of bread (which is VERY expensive here, but REALLY good)
11: Lots of yogurt.
12: There are many more... of which I don't remember.
13: Nevermind, how could I forget... RAMAN! mmmmmm.
14: Anyways, everybody here has been trying to find things that I CAN'T eat. They have been unsuccessful :D. Apparently, my stomach is Japanese. おなかは日本製です.

I'm sure I've forgotten some questions.... lol, just post them in the comments for this post... I'll answer them asap.

4 comments:

Kristyn said...

have they tried to feed you nattou yet? just one sniff.....
hehe, I knew that pink thing was your bed, and I also hehe'd when I saw it was pink :P

Kristyn said...

oh yeah, another question about that picture, whats with the legs/boots? They freaked my out the first time I noticed them.....are they for rice patties or something? they look like fishing waders to me...

Unknown said...

Yes, I have had nattou and liked it :)
The legs/boots thing is not mine. It's Asako's Dads. I'm actually not sure what they are for.... never asked.

judy said...

Hi Jason,
Happy belated birthday. I've finally found time to check out your site. It's amazing, I love your write up, and pictures. What a truly exciting experience for you.

Judy