2008/02/04

Update on Life

Well, nothing interesting to comment on in terms of travel, but I thought I'd update the blog for the people that watch it :)

So, lately, I've been uh... not busy :) Looking for jobs, however, I've applied to ALL of them... When new ones come out, I apply to them too... so I'm just being patient and waiting to hear back from any of them. It's unfortunate, because Nova, Japan's used to be largest English teacher supplier went bottoms up the week that I arrived in Japan. This means there are litteraly about 5000 teachers looking for English teaching jobs right now :) They all have experience too... which makes it harder.

Therefore! I've also been applying to long-term, career focused computer jobs in programming (my thing) and the occational junior server administrator (my 2nd want to be thing). However, BY FAR most of them require fluency in Japanese and English, and I don't have fluency in Japanese yet :) (Sometimes I wonder about English too...)

しかし! (shikashi: but!)
Today I was emailed about a job that I did not expect to get a call back from... Saora, looking for programmers and a couple other things, in the Linux department (PERFECT!). I have an interview with them waaaay over in Yokohama, 2 hours away from here.... on Wednesday (it's Monday night now) at 6 o clock. How nice :D

If I get a job like that... I would not be going back to Canada to live... (just visits) and Japan would be my new home for at LEAST a couple of years. But I don't mind :) I like Japan.

We (Chiba) also had snow!!! 5 inches of it!!! Maybe 8 inches fell... but it was melting at the same time as falling so it never looked like more than 5 inches. That happened yesterday... I have a picture... Which I'll upload soon... Look for it in the Chiba area. It should be there when you guys read this.

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

Yes, your English is defiantly suffering.....Its nice to know what you're up to anyways. Check out my blog, then you can see what I'm up to ;P